Monthly Archives: February 2013
So I’ve been teasing you guys about a giveaway for ages, and I’m sorry for not getting this up sooner. Buuut here we are, finally!
As you may have heard, the final book in the Goddess Test series, The Goddess Inheritance, is coming out in three weeks, on February 26th. It will also be released in early March in the UK and Australia. Now here’s the fun part: if you pre-order your copy OR buy The Goddess Inheritance during the first week it’s out (from February 26 – March 4), I will send you a signed, personalized bookplate.
And – AND – you can submit a name (including your own) for a pivotal character in the second book of my new series, The Blackcoat Rebellion (the first book, PAWN, will be released November 26th).
How can you get a bookplate and a chance for your name to appear in the sequel to PAWN? Easy. Just send all of the following information to email@example.com with the subject “Pre-order Giveaway“:
– Proof of purchase: a picture of a receipt, a screencap, the book sitting in your favorite reading spot, whatever you’d like! Any personal information included MUST be blurred or blacked out.
– Any instructions for the bookplate: a name you’d like for me to make it out to, a drawing, etc. (Fact: I can’t draw to save my life, but you’re welcome to make a request [within reason], and I’ll do my best to fulfill it.) (What is a bookplate? It’s a large white square sticker that you can stick on the inside of your book as a substitute for an in-person signature.)
– The name you’d like to submit for the character (can be yours or someone else’s!).
– A shipping address for your bookplate.
And a bonus: if you happen to buy any other Goddess Test series books during this time period, I will send you an equal number of bookplates to match your order. So, say you’ve never read the series, but now that the final book’s going to be released, you’d like to get into it. If you get all four books (Test, Interrupted, Legacy, Inheritance), I will send you four bookplates. If you get three, I will send you three. If you get a copy of Goddess Inheritance for yourself and one for your best friend, I will send you two, etc. etc.
As for the character name, sometime after March 4th, I will choose a name from the ones I’ve received and announce it. This character won’t be an extra or mentioned in passing – he or she will be pivotal to the story. Depending on any extra characters that show up, I may choose other names from the list as well. We’ll see how it goes! But at least one will be featured in the story.
So yes! From now until March 4th, if you pre-order The Goddess Inheritance or get your copy the week it releases, not only will you get a bookplate (that I will send out as soon as I receive your email – no waiting!), but you might also see your name featured in my new series. Kind of awesome, right?
It is unfortunately limited to the US and Canada, BUT if you have a friend who lives in one of those countries, they can enter for you, receive your bookplate, and submit your name. So find an American or Canadian buddy, and you’re good!
If you enter, make sure you send everything in one email, and if you have any questions, leave them below. Thanks, guys! (And while you’re here, don’t forget about the Goddess Inheritance blog tour, happening now!)
ETA: I wanted to answer some questions I’ve been getting!
– Why is this only for US/Canadian residents?: I LOVE the UK and Australia. I’ve been to both, and you guys are incredible. But with shipping costs being what they are, it gets really expensive really fast to send things overseas. However, if you have pre-ordered or pick up Goddess Inheritance in the first week of release anyway, I would be more than happy to include your name or the name of your choice in the character naming pool. Just email me at the above address and let me know.
– What about pre-ordering the e-book? Does that count?: YES! Absolutely. I would still be happy to send you bookplates, and you can stick them anywhere you’d like. And of course you can submit a name for the character in The Blackcoat Rebellion series as well.
– What if you buy Goddess Test/Goddess Interrupted/Goddess Legacy, but not Goddess Inheritance? Does that count?: Unfortunately because this is specifically meant to support Goddess Inheritance, you do need to purchase Goddess Inheritance to get bookplates for any other book in the series as well.
If you have any other questions, again, please feel free to ask them below!